Image of houses for HMO Insurance, Cass-Stephens Insurances

HMO Insurance

As a House in Multiple Occupation landlord you need specialist HMO Insurance, as your property will not be suited to a standard landlords insurance policy.

Here at Cass-Stephens Insurances we will compare HMO Insurance quotations for you from a selection of specialist insurance companies, ensuring that your investment has the protection it needs.

The Government defines a House in Multiple Occupation as a home for which both of the following apply:

  • at least 3 tenants live there, forming more than 1 household
  • tenants share toilet, bathroom or kitchen facilities
Contact us today for advice and a quotation

A large HMO is one to which all of the following apply:

  • it’s at least 3 storeys high
  • at least 5 tenants live there, forming more than 1 household
  • tenants share toilet, bathroom or kitchen facilities

As well as covering the Buildings of your investment, your HMO Insurance policy should also include cover for Loss of Rent and Alternative Accommodation Expenses following material damage at the property (such as a flood, fire, burst pipe or storm damage) and Property Owners Liability to protect you as the landlord in respect of claims for injury, death or damage to third party property arising from your ownership of the property.

At Cass-Stephens we have access to a very wide range of property owners insurance policies to ensure that today’s property investor has the cover they need at a competitive premium.