Professional Indemnity Insurance (also known as a PI Insurance, PII, professional liability and Errors & Omissions) should be a central part of the business insurance portfolio of any business which provides professional services.
Such services can include, but are not limited to, design, advice, counselling, training, publishing and treatment to name a few.
Professional Indemnity Insurance protects your business in respect of a claim brought against it for a breach of professional duty and as such provides essential protection for:
- Traditional Businesses – Accountants, Solicitors, IFAs, Insurance Brokers, and the like
- Advisors – including HR Consultants, Management Consultants, Health & Safety Advisors, Procurement Consultants, Business Coaches
- Media Risks – including Publishers, Marketing, PR, Copywriters, Proof Readers, Graphic Designers, Social Media Consultants
- IT Risks– including Web Design, Web Hosting, IT Consultants, Computer Consultants, Software Developers, App Developers
- Property Risks – including Surveyors, Architects, Planning Consultants, Building Contractors, Property Managers Estate Agents, Lettings Agents
- Managing General Agents, Underwriting Agents and Insurance Intermediaries
- And many, many more
When considering Professional Indemnity Insurance for your business you need to be aware of the wide range of policy wordings that are available and how limits of indemnity, excesses and the treatment of defence costs can vary from Insurer to Insurer. As a result, when comparing quotations, premiums can vary widely.
Here at Cass-Stephens we fully understand the importance to your business of getting your professional indemnity insurance correct, after all we hold it ourselves. We are very confident that we have the expertise and contacts to ensure that we can negotiate for you a Professional Indemnity Insurance solution to the risks your business faces.