Job Vacancy – join our Business Insurance Team
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS POSITION HAS NOW BEEN FILLED – THANK YOU
Assistant Commercial Account Handler
Cass-Stephens Insurances is a long established family-owned and managed independent insurance brokerage based in the heart of Gloucester, close to the Docks.
An excellent opportunity has arisen to join our commercial department, working on a permanent basis full-time.
The successful candidate will be required to assist in providing a comprehensive business insurance service to existing and potential new customers.
Working within our friendly and expanding commercial insurance team, the successful applicant’s main duties and responsibilities will include:
- To service, retain and grow a varied portfolio of commercial insurance clients, comprising in the main of small businesses and property owners.
- To comply at all times with FCA regulatory requirements and in particular ICOB rules.
- To ensure customer credit is within agreed company limits at all times
- To maintain appropriate, regular contact with existing customers to ensure their insurance requirements continue to be met.
- To assist clients when they have questions about or need to make amendments to their cover, or when they need to make a claim
Knowledge, skills and experience required include:
- Educated to GCSEs or equivalent, supported with a minimum of 5 grades C or above including English and Mathematics.
- IT skills – including MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook
- Knowledge of the principles, practices and legalities of General insurance.
- Commercial lines market awareness.
- Good customer relations, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good organisational and planning skills.
Salary £14,000 to £16,000
Hours per week 35
Closing date for applications: Thursday 20th February 2014 at 5pm
Interviews to be held week commencing 24th February 2014
We reserve the right to close this vacancy if sufficient applications are received prior to the closing date.
To apply for this position, please contact Claire McInnis on 01452 300889 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack.